Influencer marketing has skyrocketed from $1.7 billion to $21.1 billion in seven years, largely because users find social media influencers trustworthy and relatable.
However, choosing the right influencer is critical for a brand's influencer marketing efforts. According to the GRIN report, over 50% of users don't equate follower counts with influencer trustworthiness, and about 25% of them would only follow a creator if they trust them to be honest and authentic.
To navigate this complex landscape, influencer marketing platform like Modash offer a solution by helping businesses identify influencers, verify their data, and manage campaigns. However, Modash has its limitations. This is where Modash alternatives come into the picture.
This blog will explore five alternatives to Modash in 2023, providing a comparative analysis to help you make an informed choice for your influencer marketing strategy.
But before we dive in, let's take a closer look at Modash.
Brief Overview of Modash as an Influencer Marketing Platform
Modash is a robust influencer marketing platform catering to the B2B and B2C sectors. With a database of over 200 million creators, it provides brands with detailed insights into the follower demographics and engagement metrics of influencer audiences.
Modash has robust multi-filter search capabilities that help brands refine their search and engage the right influencers. To further refine search results, Modash also provides audience filters like location, age, and gender, with an additional percentage granularity feature that determines what percentage of the audience needs to match the applied filters.
Some of its other useful features include —
- categorizing and grouping of influencers,
- fraud detection mechanisms,
- campaign tracking and management,
- engagement tracking and analysis,
- influencer relationships management,
- social media monitoring, and,
- detailed analysis of performance metrics.
While Modash is a powerful influencer marketing platform, it has certain limitations. The platform doesn't show reach or impressions, limits platform recommendations to Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, and may be costly for small businesses.
For these reasons, businesses may consider alternatives to Modash.
Criteria for Selecting Best Influencer Marketing API Platforms For Influencer Marketing Programs
Choosing the right influencer marketing API platform requires considering various factors, as there's no one-size-fits-all solution. Here are five key criteria to guide your selection:
1. Database Size and Quality of Influencers
There are millions of influencers worldwide, and they can be working for different niches, have different follower counts, and charge differently. An influencer marketing platform with a large creator database can give you more options for sourcing the right ones, fitting your industry, brand value, and budget.
For example, if you are new to the market, you might want to partner with micro-influencers instead of mega-influencers. Or, as a tech brand, you will want to collaborate with a creator producing tech content, not makeup tutorials.
Besides size, you should also ensure that you choose a platform that thoroughly verifies the credentials of the influencers they onboard.
2. Search and Filtering Tools
New creators are joining the influencer pool every day. This is why the influencer marketing API tool you choose should have robust search and filtering tools that help you discover and engage relevant influencers.
Look for a tool that enables you to focus your influencer search on variables like region, niche, follower count, engagement rate, and other such KPIs.
3. Audience Insights and Marketing Analytics
The ultimate goal of any influencer marketing initiative is to put your brand in front of the right audience. This is why the best influencer marketing API tools provide detailed insights into the follower bases of influencers, including their audience demographics and engagement data.
That’s not all. Your API platform of choice should also provide you with crucial information on the success of your influencer marketing activities. In addition, it is also important to know whether it can simply expose metrics that are publicly available or if it is an approved API partner of the major social platforms.
The data gathered can help you properly plan future influencer marketing programs for success.
4. Campaign Management Capabilities
The best influencer marketing API platforms simplify creating and managing an influencer marketing campaign, all with just a few clicks. You should select tools that make it easier to collaborate with influencers on tasks like scheduling, content approval, and brand-influencer communication.
If you want to keep all communication on your influencer API platform, check for software that also provides in-app collaboration and communication capabilities.
5. User-friendly Interface
Last but not least, the best influencer marketing platform come with a super intuitive and user-friendly interface.
Influencer marketing is an ongoing process requiring you to use your platform daily. This is why you must choose a tool you can learn quickly and implement with minimum effort to see those results faster.
Also, ensure the software has a helpful and responsive customer support team before locking in the right influencer marketing API platform for your brand.
Modash Alternatives: Best Influencer Marketing API Platforms
Without further ado, let’s find out the five best Modash alternatives:
Phyllo is an influencer marketing API platform that offers a plethora of features for influencer discovery, analytics, tracking, content management, influencer relationship management, and more. It supports 250 million plus creators on its database and integrates with 20+ social media platforms. It can also track creator and campaign data across 100+ data points.
Phyllo comes with a universal API that sources creator data straight from the respective social media platform. This saves both time and money since developers don’t have to create, manage, and maintain multiple APIs as your business scales across several social media platforms.
Phyllo offers 50+ search filters and metrics, including creator and audience lookalikes, brand affinities, credibility scores, content reach and impressions, etc., to help businesses source the right influencers from their Creator Catalogue.
The minimum threshold for influencer tracking on Phyllo is less than 1,000 social media followers, perfect for brands wanting to partner with nano-influencers.
With Phyllo, you can do the following:
- Instantly onboard influence from any social media network without any manual intervention
- Group influencers depending on their market for brand collaborations and affiliate marketing
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your ads in real-time, use KPIs like follower numbers, engagement rates, ROI, and more,
- Examine the effectiveness of the content in the paid and sponsored posts on various social media networks and,
- Streamline communication with creators once they grant you access to their data (via the Phyllo Connect SDK)
Comparison with Modash:
- Phyllo offers access to both public and private authenticated creator data compared to Modash, which does not provide the latter.
- Metrics measured under Phyllo cover content reach and impressions, unlike Modash.
- Modash does not provide Instagram Story tracking. Its UI also does not support the management of account connections. Phyllo offers both of these features.
- API access for Phyllo is free, whereas it comes as an expensive add-on for Modash.
Note: Check out this detailed comparison guide for Modash vs. Phyllo.
Heepsy is an influencer marketing tool founded in 2016. It has a massive database of 11 million plus influencers, both macro and micro (with more than 5,000 followers). It is best for small businesses with tight budgets since it offers a free version for unlimited time.
Heepsy places special emphasis on authenticity and vets its creators very thoroughly. It has a super intuitive user interface with advanced search filters that help you source the right influencers for your brand. You can sort the creators into categories and search according to location, industry, engagement, followers, cost estimates, posts per week, channels, and much more. Heepsy also allows brands to sort an influencer’s audience based on location, age, gender, language, interests, and other categories.
- Fake followers analysis
- Influencer list organization
- Deep profile analytics
- Social listening tool
- Influencer search panel
- Influencer audience analysis
- Direct export of influencer contacts
Pricing starts at $49/month with limits on the search filters. Heepsy also has an unlimited free plan available.
Comparison with Modash:
- Heepsy has 11 million influencers, compared to the 250 million plus in Modash’s database.
- Heepsy has light CRM functionality, while Modash has social media monitoring tools.
- Heepsy supports an API integration with Twitch that Modash does not.
- You can only search for audience demographics for Instagram on the Heepsy platform. Modash, on the other hand, includes audience demographics from Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
Grin is perfect for sourcing influencers for large DTC and e-commerce businesses to streamline their influencer marketing operations.
It is a creator management platform that helps you source influencers from a vast network of over 38 million creator profiles, but it is not an opt-in network. Grin has robust e-commerce functionalities that automate workflows like product seeding, affiliate partnerships, contract management and payouts, etc.
Grin offers several tools for managing influencer campaigns, including communicating with influencers, approving content for publishing, and monitoring the effectiveness of the campaigns. It also offers integrations with leading e-commerce platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, and Magento, and email marketing software including Gmail and Klaviyo.
- Influencer communications
- Product seeding
- Payments and activations
- Social media content monitoring
- E-commerce integrations
- Contract management
- Influencer relationship management
Grin does not have any publicly available pricing information. You will have to request a demo and ask for a custom quote.
Comparison with Modash:
- Grin has been inadequate for high-volume influencer engagement.
- Grin has a smaller creator database with about 100 million influencer profiles compared to the 250 million plus in Modash’s database.
- Grin depends on first-party data authentication from the creators themselves, whereas using Modash, you can check creator data and their performance metrics without communicating with the influencers before you select the right ones.
- Grin has in-app influencer interaction and payment tools that are unavailable on Modash.
Upfluence is ideal for enterprise-level brands with large budgets seeking hands-off influencer marketing with added agency support. It comes with multiple e-commerce functionalities, including a “reveal” feature to find influencers interested in your website to engage them for potential collaboration.
The platform offers integrations with numerous popular marketing tools, including Mailchimp, Shopify, Stripe, and HubSpot, among others, and comes with a free Chrome plugin.
Upfluence also has a social listening tool that enables you to track hashtags and brand mentions about your competitors. It also allows you to track specific campaign hashtags to measure influencer campaigns.
- Influencer recruitment and scoring
- Audience analytics
- Content approval and publishing
- Custom dashboards and reporting
- Influencer compensation
- Influencer relationship management
- Social listening tools
- Campaign analytics and management
- Data import and export tools
For pricing details of Upfluence, ask for a custom quote.
Comparison of Upfluence with Modash:
- Upfluence only offers yearly plans without a free trial period. On the other hand, Modash has flexible monthly plans.
- Upfluence has only 4 million creator profiles in their influencer pool compared to the 250 million plus in Modash’s database.
- Upfluence covers Twitch, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and blogs, in addition to the three most popular social media platforms (Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube) covered by Modash.
Traackr is ideal for enterprise-level businesses, especially large beauty brands. It has a massive data set, with over 4 billion influencer posts from over 7 million creators across 13 social media channels.
To find influencers that fit right with your brand with Traackr, you can use various filters, such as job titles, influencer demographics, follower count, and engagement rates. You can also segment your target audience using filters such as gender, age, interests, brand affinity, and economic level, thanks to Traackr's "Audience Attribute" tool.
Traackr further allows you to set objectives, draft content briefs, and monitor campaign performance for influencer collaborations. In addition, you can locate creators who are already discussing your business spontaneously across all social media channels and reach out to them via email.
- Activity dashboards and tracking
- Influencer CRM
- Campaign tracking and management
- Content management
- Data visualization and reporting
- Multi-faceted search filters
- Influencer identification
- Social media monitoring and integrations
- Real-time analytics and ROI tracking
You will have to contact the sales team for a custom quote.
Comparison of Traackr with Modash:
- Traackr pricing plans require a yearly commitment. On the other hand, Modash has flexible monthly subscription plans, priced affordably.
- Traackr offers multiple advanced features, such as market trends, to optimize your campaigns. However, the large number of attributes may not be necessary for all use cases.
- Traackr covers 13 different platforms and has 13 million influencer profiles in its database, whereas Modash covers only 3 platforms but has 250 million plus creator profiles in its influencer network.
Quick Overview of the Modash Alternatives
Here are the top five Modash alternatives and competitors in 2023, at a glance.
Looking For A Perfect Influencer Marketing API Platform Besides Modash? Choose Phyllo!
Phyllo’s universal API supports 20+ social media platforms and extracts real-time data directly from the source, providing you with the latest creator data every day.
Besides its full suite of features that support every aspect of the influencer marketing process, here are three key attributes of Phyllo that ensure campaign success:
- SDK Connect for Phyllo: The SDK Connect guides creators in integrating their accounts into the Phyllo database and provides interactive tutorials and documentation for support.
- KPI Tracking: Phyllo’s smart technology ensures that all performance metrics are captured in real-time and updated frequently (within 24 hours) so that you can optimize your search for the right influencer for your brand.
- Webhooks: Phyllo’s Webhooks feature sends regular updates that help you stay on top of campaign performance data and analyze it for real-time modifications to be made for campaign success.
Choose Phyllo if you are looking for an all-inclusive influencer marketing API platform with all the features of Modash and some more. Schedule a call or sign up for a free account to augment your influencer marketing initiatives with creator data using the Phyllo API today!